When we were staying at Hungry Horse we made a couple of runs to Whitefish Montana, a little resort town about 16 miles away, for some dining and shopping. While we were there, Nan picked up a copy of The Whitefish Free Press. You know, Whitefish Montana might actually be a pretty good place to live. I have only one concern. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE SANDWICHES?
Excerpts from the July 6-18, 2013 edition of the Whitefish Free Press Police Log report:
Tuesday, June 18
- A “giant SUV” almost hit a woman while she was walking. Then a bicyclist cursed at her. She asked police to do extra patrol.
- A teenage boy smirked and aimed a cap gun at a woman who was jogging on Lenna Joy Drive.
- An officer directed some German folks to the Cheap Sleep Motel.
Saturday, June 22
- Teenagers ran around,made noise and slammed doors on Waverly Place.
- Horses ran loose on First Street.
- A vicious dog was reported to attack people on Skyles Place. Police were told that someone fought the dog off with a skateboard.
Sunday, June 24
- Someone called police and said teenagers shot a neighbor’s house with a pellet gun. Police found no evidence there was a pellet gun in the teen’s home.
Thursday, June 27
- A pellet gun was found in a Colorado Avenue yard.
Saturday, June 29
- An abandoned pet cat that has been living under a porch for a year caused problems with neighboring dogs.
Monday, July 1
- An intoxicated male with a skateboard punched a woman’s dog on Skyles Place. The dog apparently has a history of attacking people.
Tuesday, July 2
- Someone called police to order breakfast and then hung up the phone.
Wednesday, July 3
- Drunk people broke into a residence on Bay Point Drive, made sandwiches, and left.
More blood-curdling tales of spine-chilling terror can be found in the archives of the Whitefish Free Press at http://whitefishfreepress.com/